What I’m Wearing…
* V-neck boyfriend lambswool sweater from GANT … I love a classic v-neck boyfriend sweater. I have a black one that’s over ten years old and a vintage Halston in a deep plum hue from the ’70s and a few newer ones I always always ALWAYS return to. I love the fitted size because it has a bit of a retro vibe, but they’re just classic and I am so happy to have one in camel now!
* Faded black distressed high waist jeans by Citizens of Humanity
* Teal coat by BB Dakota – There’s one size Small at Poshmark now
* Leopard bag
* Winnette sunglasses by Barton Perierra
* Gold initial pendant necklace
* Loeffler Randal heels from a few years ago… still love!
* Title: Taylor Swift – End Game – ft. Ed Sheeran, Future.. I swear I don’t love the drama, it loves me… And I can’t let you go, your hand print’s on my soul
Remember when I wrote about seeing the number 12 everywhere? It has subsided… however, I had high hopes for Friday, January 12 thinking quite possibly IT had something to do with it.
And while nothing really extraordinary happened that day, it was one of the loveliest days ever… and I think I know why.
I expected it to be a great day…
AND IT WAS!
So many times I worry about expectations, setting them too high and getting let down, setting them too low, and limiting myself to life’s abundance… but this day was different.
I expected it to be magical and it was. No, I didn’t win the lotto (though I didn’t play it either, lol) and really nothing brilliant enough to even mention happened, but there were so many great little moments throughout the day which made it joyous, I can’t even count!
In fact, there were a few low points in the day as well, and even those didn’t seem to affect me.
I was simply happy all day and for no real reason except that I anticipated the day being great and then it just… was.
So then I got to thinking (and I’m sure I’ve read this in a million books and seen a million quotes about it as well) … What if every day we expected little miracles to happen? I mean if we anticipated every “tomorrow” with great expectations and remained present enough to pay attention, we will see the magic in even the littlest things and that in itself will bring us happiness… even when times are tough.
I think overall, it would raise our energy enough to vibrate at a higher level that would undoubtedly create magic in not only our day, but our week, month, year, and entire life.
Sure, it’s easier said than done, but if we practice it enough, it will become a habit, and then boom. It’s who we are.
Happy Tuesday Lovecats!
* Find all my Style Posts here