* Recipe by guest contributor Laney Schwartz, creator of Life is But a Dish
One potato. Two potato. Smash potato. More.
Besides french fries, this might be my favorite way to eat potatoes. It’s definitely the most fun. Boil, smash, and roast to crispy perfection. Boom. Clap.
I love how easy they are to pull together. Just boil until tender, smash em (my favorite part), drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle spices, and done.
Feel free to get creative with the spices you use. I came up this little blend and it was perfect. Kids love these too. They’re smooth and creamy on the inside, and crisp on the outside.
Breakfast, lunch, or dinner, these guys are the perfect side kick to any meal.
Crispy Smashed Potatoes
* Serves 4
* 1 1/2 pounds baby dutch yellow potatoes (about 24)
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
* 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
* Olive oil for drizzling
1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place the potatoes in a pot and fill with cold water until potatoes are covered. Bring water to a boil and cook until potatoes are fork tender, but not falling apart, about 10-15 minutes.
2) Drain potatoes well and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Using the back of a large spoon, or a fork, gently press down on each potato until smashed. Drizzle a little olive oil over each potato and sprinkle with the spice mixture. Bake for 20 minutes or until crisp on the outside. Serve immediately.
* Click through to see my original recipe: Crispy Smashed Potatoes