Sometimes I’m into reading long-winded articles and blogs on the line and sometimes I can get through only a few paragraphs before skimming the next few and x-ing the page out before finishing. But this week I’ve been consuming info like a wild fire ravages a forest.
And though I’m terrified of fire and even just using that analogy above, I thought I’d post a quick round up of all the fun finds and great reads I’ve found on the line this week.
DIY & Style…
* Five Minute Tassel Necklaces by Aunt Peaches
* Back to School Crafts to Make for Kids at DuJour Magazine
* More style than DIY, but I’ve been wanting to do an easy cut-up-the-sides DIY t-shirt forever and Karla wore a similar version to my idea recently in her outfit post The Shadows
* My favorite Pinterest board: That’s So ’90s
* 10 Tips for Creating an Outdoor Tablescape at Vogue.com
* And because I LOVE a no-bake dessert recipe that’s also healthy, I can’t wait to try these No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cream Bars from PaleOMG.com
* To debug all those “scary marijuana creates abnormalities in your brain” articles that have been floating around as of late, this article on VICE is a little more accurate: Leading Anti-Marijuana Academics are PAID BY DRUG COMPANIES by Lee Fang
* Breathless: The Biggest Taboo in Relationships Isn’t Sex—It’s Money by Karley Sciortino at Vogue.com
* How to Explain Gays to Your Child by Cary Vaughn at Scary Mommy Blog
* Mostly September issues / fashion magazines for inspiration and all of these articles on the line 😉
* The Places that Scare You: A Guide to Fearlessness in Difficult Times by Pema Chodron
* Chime for Change: links our community to hundreds of projects promoting Education, Health and Justice for girls and women worldwide.
* Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow and Jimmy Kimmel in “Friends” … I can’t be the only one who watches ‘Friends’ reruns every single night, am I? I loved this little reunion on Kimmel.
Happy Labor Day Weekend Lovecats!