What I’m Wearing…
* Vintage Wrangler denim button down shirt (old) from 86 Vintage shop
* Vintage pale blue blazer… also seen in two other monochromatic blue looks: here and here – when I was shooting with art.com (which I barely remember, lol) -I found two extremely expensive versions of pale blue blazers and very few in the affordable category, but I couldn’t NOT include them.
* NEW vintage-inspired Jeans from AGolde which I LOVE for two reasons, or 3 maybe… I love that they look like vintage Levi’s but the fit is better, the leg is tapered instead of bulky and they have a tiny-TINY bit of stretch so they’re way more comfy and last but not least, the double pocket detailing on the butt! Super cute and flattering, I think. – Asos has a similar cut/style denim for $17 – but do not include the cute pocket detailing
* Adidas sneakers – though if I were a super cool 20-something, I’d be wearing my dad sneakers, but I’m not, so old school sneakers it is.
* Vintage sunglasses – linked to similar for $38
* Quilted black backpack was a gift from the luxury vegan bag brand, Gunas (100% cruelty free fashion brand) and I LOVE IT. I honestly never thought I’d be a backpack kind of woman, but it’s super cute and super HANDY, lol, and I’ve use it simultaneously with my new The Marc Jacobs bag for when I need to carry more stuff. The size is great and it feels like real leather, keeps a stiff shape and it comes in a few more colors too. I love the quilted Chanel vibes as well.
* Title: Ed Sheeran – Beautiful People (feat. Khalid) – I love this video.
After my blog completely disappeared a few months ago (and the hosting company I was with basically told me it was gone and to start over) I really questioned if I should even continue doing it or just give it up entirely. Then when it was retrieved three days later I reflected back on my WHY I created it in the first place and realized that indeed it is still so much a part of who I am that I not only wanted to continue but that I must continue no matter if no one ever read it again. So I promptly ditched my BlueHost server and went to GoDaddy (who I have to say is one of the best companies I’ve ever worked with. They are ALWAYS easy to reach and willing to help solve problems and are kind and genuine on the phone. I recommend them a billion times over. I believe I bought my first URL through them over twenty years ago – how crazy is that!?!?)… anyway, once my blog was back though, I was still in a kind of weird space personally and still having trouble balancing Dogwood business with the work I do here and merging my life with my now fiancé and his two kids… It was a lot.
Then the new year hit and I suddenly felt a little freer. I announced our engagement and committed myself to my blog again as part of my 2020 goals.
I (not so) quickly realized that after the host transfer, there were some major issues going on in the backend. I called Godaddy and they fixed them. My creativity has spiked and it all feels easy and fun again… my high was short-lived when on Monday I checked my email and found that my loveMaegan branded business facebook account had been hacked and stolen and after totally freaking out (feeling violated and wondering why and terrified of what else they had access to and could also take down)… I wondered if yet again the Universe was trying to tell me something. With each crazy circumstance or loss having to do with this blog in the past few years (and believe me, there have been A LOT) I’ve wondered if it was something much bigger telling me it was time to move on and put my creative efforts elsewhere OR if it was the Universe testing my commitment to this career I created for myself over ten years ago?
I always take the latter as the sign and keep going… I can’t help it.
I may be wrong, but lately I’m feeling like blogging might make a comeback again after Instagram completely killed it, and here’s why… Instagram is getting boring. There I said it. And I can’t be the only one who feels this way. I post WAY less to my main feed and more to my instagram stories and often find that I don’t have the connection to it that I have here (personally)… I don’t log on as much as I used to and I tend to look at stories more than my feed… and I used to spend a good amount of time scrolling through my feed.
This is all to say that OMG I STILL WANT TO KEEP MY INSTAGRM – PLEASE, IF YOU’RE LISTENING DO NOT HACK THAT TOO for God’s Sake!
But I just find that I’m searching for more again. I want more than photos and captions… I want stories. I want something deeper… And I’ve been visiting old blogs again that I haven’t seen in years. Many, like me are still at it, and some are gone for good. Many are posting less than they used to, as I have been too, understandably because there has been less interest, but I’m pulled toward it again and it reminds me of the early days of blogging.
The one thing I love to do is start new projects and build and create them and watch them grow (for instance, I spend more time on the Dogwood Instagram account I run than I do on my loveMaegan account) and I almost feel as if I’m beginning again here, fresh and new… a completely new life, a new start, a new year, working my way though all of it again and that feels fun.
I spent the weekend revamping and refreshing loveMaegan.com… I lightened up the colors, added new sidebar links for easier navigation and even created a book reading list page of all my faves, which I’ve been meaning to do for like two years now. The process of it felt like a new beginning of something that is dear to my heart and all the warm and fuzzy feels bubbled up… I was in the flow that I haven’t felt in a while but am always searching for. I found it here again. And that’s refreshing.
So maybe I lost my verified facebook business page with 62K+followers-that-took-ten-years-to-build forever, and maybe I have to start all over again, and that’s okay because it’s a new start too. Of course I hope to get it all back and somehow that the asshat who did this to me pays dearly, but you know, that rarely happens in real life. One can only hope though. 🙂
My mom and I went to the country club/golf course (in Lake Arrowhead, which is walking distance from my house) and it was so beautiful with the snow patches still lingering and the sun setting over the backdrop of houses nestled among the pines and we had a blast shooting this day. I mean, we always do… and it makes it all the more fun but also difficult because we get so many good shots that I can’t edit them down. This is the case here. Oops.
Happy Hump Day Lovecats!
* Find all my Style Posts here