What I’m Wearing
* Vintage coral red leather coat : Leathers by New England. I think it’s 60’s but it could be 70’s and came with a matching leather tie belt. I found this coat about 15 years ago at a thrift store for about $15 and it’s one of my favorite pieces of vintage. It’s just made so well and it was like new when I bought it. The leather is thick and rich and supple in person but never photographs as nicely as it should. It’s really a gem of a find, especially to find it in my exact size. What makes me think it’s more 60’s is the width of the shoulders and arms. Most 70’s leathers were cut so narrow through the shoulders that I could never get them on. Regardless, this is one of my favorites, though I don’t wear it often… seen here, here and here.
* Black and white print dress by Alice and Trixie from GILT I think… seen once here with a brighter coral red tank tunic worn over it oddly enough.
* Cynthia Rowley black tights.
* Black pashmina scarf
* Boutique 9 lace up peep toes
* Tom Ford cat eyes… still my favorites!
* Jigsaw London woven leather bag
* Title: lyrics from Tracy Chapman – Fast Car. I love this song.
For anyone who thinks Los Angeles doesn’t have seasons… take a look at all the brown and red and yellow leaves covering the lawns and sidewalks behind me. Don’t believe the lies 😉