What I’m Wearing…
* DIY Rose Patch Tee
* Faux leather floral embroidered jacket by Blank Denim
* High waist high-low hem jeans by PAIGE (also seen here)
* Custom wool fedora with DIY stud trim
* Aviator sunglasses by Marc Jacobs
* Ankle boots by Rag & Bone
* Vintage Chanel Surpique Bucket Bag
* Title: Katy Perry – Chained To The Rhythm ft. Skip Marley… Are we crazy? Living our lives through a lens… Trapped in our white-picket fence… Like ornaments… So comfortable, we live in a bubble, a bubble… So comfortable, we cannot see the trouble, the trouble
I’m a tiny bit obsessed with this song right now, as well as the video… (the one I used for my title). The beat is great (and actually reminds me of another song which I cannot put my finger on – and according to Outliers or maybe it was The Power of Habit, which are both such fabulous books, this kind of similarity would be the reason I like it…) but also the lyrics are great, and it has a great message and the video is bubblegum-morbid, like Marc Ryden‘s work, and probably Tim Burton’s as well… and the only way I can describe something that is so pretty and pastel from afar, but much heavier, with a far deeper meaning the closer you look into it… and oftentimes, downright creepy – and I love the dichotomy of the two genres seeping into the other.
I don’t actually have a lot of free time these days, but I have to say that there are some pretty great shows on right now. Sundays nights I can usually catch up on a few shows, like Big Little Lies and now Feud: Bette and Joan – which are both fantastic nearly all-female cast shows that are heavy yet perfect in their own ways… but when I get home late from working on the bar renovation and see The Voice has recorded on my DVR, I get pretty excited, I’m not gonna lie.
Happy Monday Lovecats!
* Find all my Style Posts here