What I’m Wearing…
* Rust corduroy pants by Joe’s Jeans… I bought last fall and am still loving. Seen here and here
* Cropped white sweatshirt (under $25)… which I am still obsessed with. I have three colors, though I wear this one the most. Seen here with jeans and here with a leopard dress
* Calvin Klein bralette underneath
* Checkboard Vans… because it was warm enough for a few hours the other day to actually get away with this whole look before the weather turned.
* The Marc Jacobs pillow bag… still haven’t found anything I like better than this at the moment
* Phillip Lim sunglasses… also from a few years ago, still loving.
* Title: Forget You In LA – Poema …and I’ll forget you in LA Still love this song.
These are the ACTUAL COLORS OF THE LEAVES ON THIS TREE. I mean CAN YOU EVEN? I’m sure you probably CAN because well, it’s fall and this is how the leaves on the trees LOOK EVERYWHERE (right?)… except in LA probably, because though I haven’t lived there in almost 9 years now, if I remember correctly, fall doesn’t actually hit until January.
But I digress… I pass this tree every day on the way to my office and while normally I don’t even notice it, last week, when I wore this outfit, this tree was LIT UP IN THESE GLORIOUS ORANGE tones so bright that you couldn’t miss it. I actually spotted people taking photos of it at least 3 times passing until it dawned on me that I TOO NEEDED TO TAKE PHOTOS OF IT or, in front of it, and so I did… on this day, which again, was last week. I think it was Friday 🙂
The trees up here in Lake Arrowhead are 100% BURSTING with fall colors right now and I am determined to get photos of all of them before all of their leaves do eventually fall and it’s too late.
In fact, it truly seems like overnight the trees suddenly changed, which I noticed last Thursday after roller skating at Skypark… and then I realized they were everywhere on the mountain, in full fall bloom, so to speak.
But maybe it wasn’t overnight, maybe I just wasn’t looking? …too absorbed in my own mind to be able to see beyond and the beauty that was right in front of me.
Anyway, upon realizing this and deciding that I would have to capture all the fall trees in the next week or so, a torrential rain fell upon us Monday (yesterday -as I type this) speeding up the leaf falling process so much so that this very tree I am standing in front of in these photos just 4 days later (Tuesday -today, as I type this), was almost bare as I passed it on my way home. Luckily many of the other trees are still full, blanketed with their colorful leaves below, looking even more radiant now than before, so it will be my mission this week to go and photograph them… which is good because I need a mission to lift me out of my lack of motivation lately.
Also, and this probably doesn’t even need to be said, BUT the colors look much more incredible in person and even on my iPhone… for some reason once I transfer them here, they lose a little luster, which makes me a little sad and less motivated, but I will persist! Mission: Photograph All the Fall Tress in all Their Glory (with me, most likely, standing in front of them to show you my outfit) Commenced! 😉
Happy Hump Day Lovecats!
* Find all my style posts here