What I’m Wearing…
* LEOPARD DRESS from Faithful The Brand which you can see in all its glory here with cute heeled sandals (oh how I miss wearing heels!)… and here with a black sweater and vans… THIS leopard slip is a pretty cute and affordable option
* Cropped white sweatshirt I found on amazon and bought 3 of… see the dusty rose one here
* Adidas superstars… which I haven’t worn in a while, but none of my Vans worked, and I literally tried every sneaker on with this… even my converse all-stars, which I didn’t like either, lol
* Marc Jacobs pillow bag… which I might almost be kind of done with. I think I’ve been using it for over a year now but I also don’t really have my eye on anything else at the moment either, but I’m going to start thinking about it now.
* Barton Perreira sunglasses, which I still am in love with… I just found a similar style on amazon for under $15
* Title: Coldplay – Higher Power – well if this isn’t a happy and uplifting song, I don’t know what is… but also makes me think… hmmm, Coldplay, are you heading in a different direction musically?
Well Lovecats, IT’S FINALLY DRESS WEATHER and I am a happy camper… and in fact, I didn’t even need the sweatshirt with this outfit, but I still thought it looked cute (and offered another way to wear a crop top without revealing anything at all) 🙂
My favorite dress by Free People has also come out to see the sun, in two of the three colors I own… which is STILL my favorite throw-on and go dress because it’s easy and comfy and cute with vans, and when I’m lazy and don’t feel like putting any effort into my outfit (which, let’s be honest, is most days) then I throw on that dress.
This was last week and it felt so wonderful to finally wear something other than pants or jeans or leggings or sweats, however, I still find myself reaching for my leggings and sweats when I roller skate because I feel so restricted in any of my jeans. AND (and and and) in fact, I rarely want to wear any of my tight jeans (like ever-anymore) which means I have like one pair that I’m wearing on repeat right now which don’t happen to have any stretch and are only comfortable while standing. Isn’t that funny? I don’t want to feel the restriction of my tight jeans but I wear the ones with zero stretch that cut off my circulation when I sit. Maybe I need to rethink this, lol… and also just try to wear a pair of my jeans (with stretch) while skating.
Anyway… it’s DRESS SEASON and I’m overjoyed.
It’s also DOGWOOD season… the trees are blooming like CRAZY and they are crazy-beautiful! You can see them in full bloom in these photos in front of this adorable house and the reason I stopped dead in my tracks to shoot my outfit here!
The Dogwoods are also growing in the wild areas of the mountain and a few days ago we pulled over and trimmed a few branches off to set in a vase on our dining room table, but then I was told that maybe the flowers don’t grow back when you cut them? Something to look into… because as beautiful as they are on my table, it’s not worth it if I’m also killing the tree!
And speaking of nature, we just watched the documentary on Apple TV called The Year Earth Changed which was INCREDIBLE. It’s such an eye-opener to see how much humans really and truly affect the planet in not so positive ways and I hope after this obvious proof that if we stay home, the planet thrives, we can actually really start doing things to combat all the destruction so that we can all thrive as one.
Happy Thursday Lovecats!
* Find all my Style Posts here