* Recipe by guest contributor Laney Schwartz, creator of Life is But a Dish
Yes, it’s actually FINALLY Fall – but LA still thinks it’s Summer! Come oooooooooooon. I’m so ready.
I’m dying for those fall flavors, cozy sweaters, and yep… Apple pie.
Since it’s not quite time for apple picking, and it’s still close to 90 degrees where I live, I thought I would create the illusion of an apple pie through this Apple Pie Smoothie.
GENIUS, I know.
You guys. YOU GUYS. It tastes JUST LIKE an apple pie. It’s weeeeeird. And I’m totally into it.
I dare you to try it. It’s AWESOME. (Sorry for all the CAPS) Now you can have all the flavors of apple pie, without all the guilt!
* Yields 2 smoothies
* 2 apples, cored and cut into chunks
* 3/4 to 1 cup light canned coconut milk
* 1 cup ice
* 2 pitted dates (can sub with 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup or honey)
* 1 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1) Place all the ingredients into a blender and process for 1-2 minutes until smooth. Sprinkle with a pinch of cinnamon and enjoy!
*Start with 3/4 cup of coconut milk, and add more if you like your smoothie thinner.
Oh yes I did.
Check out all my Delicious and mostly healthy Smoothie Recipes here!
You can thank me later.