I love a good jewel hued manicure for Fall… it just puts me in that blustery kind of mood, and I love these two-toned metallic/green/purple nails because well, they’re an easy nail art design that anyone can do that look totally polished at the same time. It’s such a simple manicure that it doesn’t even need a step by step photo tutorial and while I’m loving this color combo, any three rich hues would work brilliantly.
Here’s What I Used…
What’s cool about this metallic Essie nail polish IS that if you hold a magnet over your wet polish, it creates a snakeskin affect right on your nail without any other steps. However, I did NOT magnetize this manicure, so you can see that it works as regular polish as well.
* I’m obsessed with using a clear base coat now because it makes applying the polish within the lines much easier, which means less clean up… so there’s that.
1. Give yourself a two-coat manicure with your metallic green base & let dry.
2. Swipe on a large stripe of purple a bit off-center & let dry. It gives the look that your nails are perfectly half and half BUT adds a little extra something because they’re not.
3. Dot on your metallic gold above the cuticle, merging the two other colors. This gives the effect that you’ve got an actual jewel on your nails, but much easier.
4. Finish with your quick-dry top coat.
Happy Friday Lovecats!
* Find all my nail art tutorials here