What I’m Wearing…
* Vintage Levi’s… I bought these jeans at the Rose Bowl Flea Market way back in the ’90s (and they were vintage THEN!) and I usually wore them with a big cuff (you can still see the crease I’ll never get out, lol) but then slit the side seam hems at some point along the way so they’d hang straight with heels rather than scrunch. This was before boot cut jeans came out… it was a pre-curser to it basically, but the leg lays straighter all the way down (and this style is starting to trend again as we move out of the skinny jean phase and want something in between, just like then in a way). I saved them all these years because I’ve always loved them and they are a different kind of much thinner (non-stretch) denim than normal Levi’s and also have a small black label on the back pocket but never had the brown patch logo on the back of the waist, so I never quite knew what style they were… BUT, they were special then… and they still are 😍 .
I actually have a few photos of me wearing them around 1996 I think which would make me 19 or 20 years old, depending on the month and I know they’re from the same time based on my short hair and house the photos were taken in. Please NOTE the cuffed look… I was wearing patent leather burgundy loafers with a chunky heel… I would have NEVER remembered that if I hadn’t found this photo but it makes me giggle that I’m wearing a similar style shoe with them now, though, not cuffed.
These photos make me laugh… for so many reasons… and that’s all I’ll say about that 😂 BUT I WILL SAY that I honestly don’t know how I’m 46 now. Even looking back on these photos, it doesn’t seem like that long ago and I can safely say that at this point, I don’t know how time even works. Or what life even is at all… And I might be having an existential crisis in this very moment trying to come to terms with it I suppose. WOW.
I wore them once on the blog back in 2015 and have linked some similar options in the shopping widget below!
* Leopard print sweater I’ve had for ages and wear all the time with sweats and dressed up.
* Vintage black scarf with fringe
* Vintage black sunglasses
* Red ribbon in my hair is from a blouse that was my grandma’s… which I’m not sure I have anymore 🤔
* Pendleton wool coat… which I only realized while editing that the back slit was stitched and I never took it out!
* Chunky loafers… I think these are the exact pair I bought, faux leather, $40 half/size down, totally comfy. Totally worth it.
* Heart shaped bag by Coach which I’M GIVING AWAY ON INSTAGRAM FOR VALENTINE’S DAY ♥️ check out my reels to enter! I’ll be posting some time between 11am and 1pm Tuesday 2/7 – IT’s LIVE NOW! Click here to enter
HOW CUTE IS THIS BAG!!?!?! 😻 I’m In LOVE!
While I have always launched my giveaways right here, I thought it would be a fun idea to switch it up this month and rather than a giveaway curated with tons of stuff, I’m giving away this bag that I bought at the Coach store last week for $200. This giveaway is not sponsored by Coach or Instagram, but hosted entirely by me as a gift to you for Valentine’s Day! And it ends on VALENTINE’S DAY! So check my reels and read the caption for all the instructions and GOOD LUCK!
* Title: Nirvana – Heart-Shaped Box… I’ve been drawn into your magnet tarpit trap… hey… wait… I’ve got a new complaint
For obvious or not so obvious reasons, I used this song… 1. The heart-shaped bag (not box) and 2. My vintage jeans… even though this is not a grunge outfit by any means.
I did not love this backdrop BUT the colors and outfit looks so much more crisp in the few shots I got here, I had to include them… however, I truly loved the other shots for the romantic vibe they had, though the quality is not as good overall. I’m really working on making better content and images lately and sometimes I succeed, and sometimes not so much 🙂
However, because of this I have included FAR too many photos in this post, so apologies in advance, lol.
I took far too many shots of the back of my hair with the red ribbon matching the red bag… I’ll blame my mom for this because as a kid, my mom ALWAYS took photos of the back of my head/hair… In fact I think there are more photos of the back of my head than of the front of my face 😂
This is the photo (above) where I realized I forgot to rip the seam on the coat/slit hem. And now I know why it never lays right!
I’ve noticed I keep reaching for red bags lately… and maybe a hint of leopard print… two classics I always love to pair with brown and black and denim.
* * IF YOU WANT TO WIN THIS BAG, CHECK OUT MY INSTAGRAM REELs TO ENTER! Giveaway ends on 2/14
Happy Tuesday Lovecats!
* Find all my Style Posts here
Go Tell the Weatherman all the Rain from Last Year’s Pain is Gone