What I’m Wearing…
* Black turtleneck long sleeve bodysuit by Commando… I bought this a few years ago and I still love it. It’s a little pricey, but totally worth it. It’s the best layering piece ever; warm, sleek, thin, works with everything, as a top or layered underneath for warmth.
* Tea length seamless slip dress – almost the same material as the bodysuit but slightly thicker, so I just layered it over it so it felt like one long sleeved dress – you can see the dress here in rusty red. I have it in a few different colors actually and shorter versions as well… but you can wear it shorter and it kind of won’t stay below my knees, where I think it’s most flattering. Anyway, bought them all back in 2016 and I love that they’re under $40 each
* Pendleton light brown long wool coat – seen recently here
* Kate Spade red crocodile (stamped/embossed) top handle tote bag – not my daily bag but I liked the pop of red here and the top-handle made the look more classic
* I originally had my lieutenants hat on but didn’t get any shots with it
* Chunky sole loafers are Cushionaire from Amazon (and let me tell you… they are super comfy and under $40) Just saying…. sometimes, MOST TIMES, the least expensive shoes feel the best on my feet and ankle. I have some theories about it, but I’ll just leave it at that. I sized down a half size and ordered a wide. Loafers generally slip off my heel so I took a chance and it worked out.
* Phillip Lim sunglasses
* Red lips
* Also… I’ve been trying to go darker with my hair, or just add less bleach and let my natural come through a little more and I don’t think it’s working out. I don’t mind it in real life actually, but some photos make it look just horrible. The shots in my closet seem okay, and closest to reality and also I’m getting more and more grey hairs in my roots, so in person, it works, in photos, not so much. So maybe I need to make a change and go back to a little lighter on top.
* Title: Justin Timberlake – Cry Me A River… you know that they say that some things are better left unsaid
NOTE my hair below, in my closet with natural light… looks so much better than in the exterior, further away shots. I don’t get it.
Well… I’m sick. For the first time since January 2021. I’m sick.
So far it’s just a little cold, but my fear of being sick has had me anxious for days about it. Please tell me I’m not the only one who has gained an insanely absurdly unreasonable fear of getting sick since 2020?
It’s ridiculous and causes more anxiety than anything else at the moment. Overall, I’m healthy, and generally alone (aka not around people), but I must have caught a germ running errands in the last week or my body just decided it needed to rest for a few days and knowing that I won’t actually stop and do nothing unless I’m sick, it forced it upon me.
It’s been nice though, relaxing, laying around trying to get well and heal from the inside out… I’ve almost finished the book I checked out of the library back in October. And the only reason I’ve had it so long is that the library is under renovation and it’s not due until January. I mean, I’ve been pretty busy moving and decorating in the last few months, but still, I guess the due date is truly the motivation I need to prioritize reading AND why I initially got a library card. Even though I know I can go online and renew my books for a few more weeks, I truly like that I have a time limit because I’ve read more this year than I have in ages and that was my goal.
So yeah, I’m sick and I hope I get better, but my fear, thanks to covid, is that I’ll get worse and obviously, die. I shot these prior to my sickness, but probably when I was contaminated by whomever breathed in my direction. But I’ve had more to do lately, as you probably have to because you know, Christmas.
I’ve started feeling a little better today, which is why I was able to work on this post, but I’m starting to feel a little run down again and hopefully the extra brain use didn’t push me over the edge and I’ll sleep well and wake up feeling better than ever and on the road to recovery… So, I’m off to bed because it’s midnight now and my work here is done 😉
Happy Tuesday Lovecats!
* Find all my Style posts here