What I’m Wearing…
* Victoria’s Secret fold-over yoga leggings. I can’t help it, they are my faves. In fact, the newer ones are not as good as the older ones, I think they have more cotton so they attract more lint (aka DOG HAIR) and they don’t stay as tight BUT I still love them.
* Vintage chunky knit, super long sleeve, cowl neck cropped sweater I’ve literally had since the ’90s and I still love it. I do not remember where I got it but it could have been like Contempo (bonus points if you remember Contempo!) – you can see it here last winter in a 70s look in the snow
* Black furry beanie (still a fave, and all of my other ones are threadbare now, but this one is still good and I wear it all the time) Also, one of the BEST things about winter (besides not having to shave your legs 😉 IS wearing hats… because it’s so cold you almost have to BUT ALSO it means you really don’t have to do your hair like EVER 😉 – god I’m so lazy, lol.
* Light brown coat is from the local Pendelton store from last year – and I like that it’s got more of a casual/oversized fit than my more sculptural camel coat I bought years ago and still adore… THIS ONE from Asos looks amazing and the price is great! Also loving Banana Republic’s coats, though they’re a little pricey – More budget-friendly similar coats linked in the shopping widget below!
* Sunglasses are Phillip Lim, my current but very old, faves.
* Cream knit socks to match the sweater
* Dr. Martens Serena boots, which I love wearing with leggings and sweats… and everything, apparently. These boots would be cute too
* Marc Jacobs pillow bag
* Title: Taylor Swift – Bejweled – I miss you… But I miss sparkling I haven’t fallen in love with the new album like everyone else but damn her lyrics are good on this one. I think I need to give the entire thing a few listens to really fall for it, but I’m always on the fence with TS and her victim narrative.
It’s always surprising to me how far a little lip color goes… in photos, anyway. I actually rarely wear lip color in real life, a soft peachy pink gloss if anything, but mostly it’s lip balm, because I just cannot be bothered… but also, I guess if I was getting ready for an event I’d put more effort into my face (I honestly cannot remember the last time I wore makeup -truly) and there are just so few “events” in my life at this point that actually call for more effort other than photos, but maybe I just don’t care anymore? And maybe I’m at the age where makeup doesn’t actually make me look “better” anymore, so what’s the point?
Back to lip color… because in photos it really makes such a huge difference. Not only does it highlight the lips, obviously, it also somehow creates a more golden overall flawless skin tone (in the photos, let’s be real here, I do not have flawless skin), and these are just iPhone pics. And speaking of iPhone pics… as much as I love the ease of my iPhone-as-a-camera-set-on-the-bumper-of-my-car, I miss the quality of my pro-camera photos, but I DO NOT miss having to ask people to photograph me, because it’s so much easier just doing it myself. I currently have the iPhone 12max but I’ve seen the new lenses on the 14 and if the photos are really THAT much better, then it might be worth an upgrade. I do like how the iPhone captures the landscape/background but I also love how my Nikon blurs everything in the background out because it’s so much more beautiful (yes, I know portrait mode does this -and I think the 14 automatically does this- but portrait mode takes only one photo at a time on the timer and the regular mode takes a burst of 10). Maybe I’ll just have to mix it up a bit and go back and forth… and maybe I can think these thoughts to myself instead of writing an entire post about it… hmm, interesting concept, Maegan.
I don’t have much to say, which is probably obvious in my ramble above, but I am looking forward to spending a quiet and relaxing no-stress Thanksgiving with my mom and stepdad tomorrow. The holidays just throw me into an anticipatory level of stress that makes me want to hop-skip-and-jump right to January 2nd and start the new year with a bang. I’m not sure when I stopped enjoying the holiday season but I think it was somewhere in my twenties with my then boyfriend and his family that lead right up to my father’s passing. It’s probably something I should dive into in therapy so I can actually go back to enjoying the last few months of every year, but eh, I don’t really want to go there just yet so I’ll just continue using this avoidance tactic until it’s a real problem… I’ve got plenty of other mental deep dives to unpack 😉
Happy Hump Day Lovecats! And Happy Thanksgiving!
* Find all my Style Posts here