What I’m Wearing…
* Pink tropical print cut-out romper from Hollister (Chad bought me every color and print they had in this cute little romper last year (and the year before actually 🤔) and since it’s WARM AND BEAUTIFUL, I thought it time to bring them back out. I feel slightly boring in sharing my easy-throw-on outfit choices because it’s like a uniform at this point BUT any more effort for zipping around this little town running errands, is just out of the question …And also YES, I originally felt like these little ditties were a bit on the “youthful” side, considering my age (ahem) …and then I thought WHO ACTUALLY CARES? 😀 …ALSO, I love these for roller skating because I don’t like tight shorts or any shorts generally and prefer the way a dress style looks on my body better SOOOO… yeah, these are perfect AND I thought I was going to be skating today (as proof by my Skypark wristband I forgot to take off), but ended up not… They have a new romper style I’m LOVING!
* Phillip Lim sunglasses (old)
* Classic white Crocs clogs (still a favorite, what can I say? – comfort an ease are just my way of life at this point 😆 )
* Pink Prada NYLON bag I bought in 2002 or 2003 (the re-edition bags are insanely expensive. I think I bought this for $295 – though it was 20 years ago, STILL! – more in the shopping widget below if you want to gasp at the prices – also, if you’re truly looking, always check Bag Borrow and Steal BUY section for used versions or vintage in fantastic condition for a fraction of the price! I’ve purchased many of my vintage bags there and they usually have an additional 20-30% off code to save more)… Anyway, I loved and used this bag so much in the early 00s it’s a damn dirty mess but I adore it STILL and I’ve been using it again because I love the size and was just over my Marc Jacobs pillow bag I’d been using for what felt like a century and each day I pick it up when I leave the house it makes me smile and then I think to myself… I HAVE to figure out how to wash this! 😣 …and then I go about my day and forget about it until I return home and set it down on my little entry stool and think it again …I MUST WASH THIS BAG! One day I’ll do it.
In my last post, I touched briefly about my latest little mental trick, my daily WIN list and a few of you have tried it as well and reported back to me that it’s working for you and THAT JUST MAKES ME SO HAPPY!!! So I thought I’d share it again here in this post, for anyone who missed it and might find it useful because, I’m still using it and it’s surprising in ways I wouldn’t have imagined.
I recently read WINNING by Tim S. Grover after re-reading one of my favorite books, RELENTLESS (or I should say, listening to an audio version of it this time) and then watched just about every interview on YouTube with Tm Grover and decided to buy his most recent book, WINNING. It was good, I love a good sports metaphor AND I adore Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant, so if you’re into a MEGA motivation book, which is also basketball and sports-heavy, I recommend reading it, but I still stand by my original review, which was, that his first book, Relentless, was better…
ANYWAY… about 20 pages into WINNING – or probably less – I was inspired (though it does not actually say to do this in the book, but I was inspired) to switch my daily TO-DO LIST to a daily WIN LIST… which looks a little like this…
Monday’s Win List…
- List more items for sale on Poshmark
- You get it
And since I’m an avid list maker and still enjoy HAND WRITING my list nightly before bed, well, after my journal entry but before my nighttime stretch routine, I sit with my pad of paper (currently a purple legal pad) but most often a spiral notebook, and I write at the top FRIDAY’S WIN LIST (or whatever day it is, obviously) and then I just use a bullet-point or hyphen or DOT rather than numbering the list, since according to Tim, and this I did get from the book, nothing on my list is lesser or more important than #1 so technically he uses 1. for each list item, but I prefer just a bullet point, and then list out all the ways I want TO WIN for the day. You can use your Notes app on your phone or a digital planner or whatever works best for you… just change the word TO-DO to WIN and that’s it.
What’s amazing about this is that it completely switches your mental focus almost instantly from feeling like your list is full of CHORES you HAVE to do (that you often don’t want to do) which feels very low energy and negative to a WIN list that feels HIGH energy and POSITIVE and makes you WANT to jump out of bed and get started on your list and even add more because each time you cross off an item, you get another WIN FOR THE DAY and I swear, the boost of dopamine or whatever the happy hormone is, SKYROCKETS to my brain and mind and immediately makes me smile.
I’ve been doing this for about a month now I’d say… and it. works. wonders. ON SO MANY LEVELS.
Not only am I feeling more productive and getting more done EFFORTLESSLY, my mood remains high, I’m procrastinating less, it’s fulfilling in numerous ways, makes me feel more confident about doing more things that I might have lacked confidence doing prior, in other words, I’m less afraid to be bold and brave because I just keep WINNING – every day! AND, it’s helping to create a new version of me that is also CHOOSING happiness every single day… and that’s one of the biggest wins of all.
I know this sounds like a bit of a stretch, but sometimes tiny little changes create an avalanche of forward motion that start adding up to create something so much bigger and more amazing than we could have imagined.
It’s truly not so much about HOW MUCH I CAN AND AM GETTING DONE… in fact, that’s the least of it. The positive mental and physical affects have been surprising, to say the least. I didn’t expect such a positive result from changing one little word… To-Do to Win.
Think about it. Think about how heavy a to-do list feels and how light and exciting a win list feels.
I dunno, maybe it’s just me (and those of you who have reached out to me, even showing me your WIN LIST!!! which I LOVE – THANK YOU! ❤️ ) it’s working for them too. Try it… give it some time… see how it feels to you… stay with it… and then report back to me, obviously I WANT TO KNOW 😊
The weather is just so incredible and I think the storm really put so much in perspective and coming out of the bizarre head-trip that I was in for a few months coping with the after-affects of it all leaves me no choice but to be overly grateful and filled with joy every day I see the sun shining.
FABULOUS… AS LONG AS IT’S NOT SNOWING has been my go-to response to anyone who asks How are you? in passing. It’s an easy local joke everyone feels so strongly right now, but I don’t mean it in a literal way, obviously. Though next winter will be the determining factor of that I suppose when it snows and stirs up the trauma responses again. But hopefully I’ll have worked through it, grown and evolved even more and open to whatever life has to offer.
I look forward to the Twin Peaks Farmer’s Market every week because of the yogurt, which I know I’ve mentioned a million times but I also wonder now if I’m eating too much of it 🤔… like how much is too much?
I listen to my body generally and have only had positive effects BUT I do have to say I have not fully been able to shake my post-storm-I-stopped-shoveling-snow-24-hours-a-day-and-then-ate-way-too-many-bags-of-m&ms weight. OR it’s the yogurt… but I choose to blame the storm 😉
I really only like these three flavors… NOT because all the other flavors are bad… NO THEY’RE ALL AMAZING BUT I don’t like chunks in my yogurt. NO fruit chunks 🤮 I can’t take… so these are all smooth and probably considered “dessert” options, but the white chocolate and the hazelnut together are incredible! Two flavors in life I often do not like, are amazing in this yogurt and the texture is like a pudding, yogurt pie… thickness I cannot explain! It’s a dream and it’s my later in the night snack I look forward to every day now. I look forward to lots of little things each day, and that feels like a HUGE win 🙂
Happy Friday Lovecats!
* Find all my Style Posts here