What I’m Wearing…
* Shipley and Halmos little black dress… it’s sweatshirt material and one of my favorite dresses for comfort, ease and cuteness. I’ve had it for years. You can see me wearing it in 2009 in a work look with my Burberry trench and DIY chandelier necklace. Oh how times have changed, but I still wear this dress every summer 🙂 on repeat.
* Checkered Vans
* Baggu Leopard print bag (which is holding my skates) I have it in black too for my other skates. It’s lightweight material and has lightly padded handles that makes it very comfy for holding heavy roller skates
* Barton Perreira sunglasses
* Title: Halsey – I am not a woman, I’m a god
If you have read any of my recent posts you will know just how much I’ve been dreading the end of summer… D R E A D I N G.
I think my dread mostly has to do with the weather; wanting it to stay warmer just a little bit longer and not wanting to have to start layering on the long sleeves and pants and socks and boots. It’s just so easy wearing dresses and vans.
But also, there are about 4 warm months up here and the rest are cold to freezing. This hasn’t bothered me as much as it has this year because of my new roller skating obsession. I spent January through May bundled up while skating and it’s been so much more freeing over the summer not having to worry about being freezing while skating. Come October, the roller rink at Skypark turns back into an ice rink, which is also causing me a bit of winter anxiety wondering where I’ll be able to skate because there are no indoor or other options… And if you think I haven’t been racking my brain trying to figure out how to build a roller rink up here and open yet another business, you would be wrong 😉
The other day I had had enough of my doom and gloom attitude and I decided then and there that I was just simply going to change my mind. I was going to figure out a way to look forward to the coming winter months, and to change my perspective to eagerly awaiting exciting new adventures and allow life to unfold without worrying about things I cannot change. It is just silly worrying for no reason AND in my experience, you get what you focus on. So if I focus on how horrible things will be, they will be horrible, but if I’m open to life and the change it brings, magic happens.
It’s only been a few days but my mood has improved considerably. I feel eager for things to change, I’ve been motivated and busy working on things I’ve put off all summer. I am cleaning and organizing and purging to get ready for the new season. I have health goals I want to achieve and work goals as well… I feel a motivation that has been lacking for months and I WILL have an indoor winter roller rink solution by October… but until then, I’m going to soak up every last ray of warm sunlight and summer dresses until the very last leaf falls.
While I have worn this dress multiple times this summer, the shots below were from the same day as the shots above. Up the mountain vs down the mountain 🙂 Pine tress vs Palm trees.
Happy Monday Lovecats!
* Find all my Style Posts here