Being YOU is what makes YOU special…
…No one is YOU & that is YOUR power.
I have a pale pink post-it on the lower corner of my desktop computer with the above written on it as a reminder to not compare myself to others ~ in work or in life in general. It’s fallen off so many times that I’ve taped it up with a cute little piece of washi tape because it’s such an important reminder for me.
It’s a challenge to remember when it sometimes feels like everybody’s life is better than yours. And no matter what kind of life we’re living, there’s bound to be a moment when we look at somebody else’s life and think ours doesn’t measure up.
There is no one else who can be you and you can’t be anyone else. Trying to be someone or something else to appease others will only hurt you in the process. As long as you’re not hurting yourself or others, choose YOU every day.
Below are five quick questions I like to ask myself when I feel like I’m being pulled in different directions or simply going down a path that feels like it’s just not my own…
1. Am I happy with and in my life and with the choices I’m making?
If not, what can I do differently?
2. Can I make different choices that align with who I see myself as or who I want to be?
3. Am I choosing to act and react to situations in ways that feel right for me?
4. Do I feel happy with my choices at the end of each day?
If not, what can I choose to do instead?
5. Am I choosing to hang around toxic people who make me feel like I have to change for or be different for acceptance and validation?
If you can answer these and feel happy with your choices and answers, keep up the good work, but we all make mistakes and it’s abut being aware and noticing it then centering ourselves again and again, to get back on our very own path to live the life we feel is right for us.
Only you can be YOU! And you are Amazing.
* Find all my Monday Motivation posts here.