Inspired by my own roundup of 27 Football Nail Art Inspirations, and Covergirl’s Fun Team Fanicures! I got creative trying to come up with a football season manicure that was just a little different from what I had already seen.
Here’s What You’ll Need…
* Dark Green Polish (I used Jade is the New Black)
* Light Green Polish (I used L’Oreal Color Riche in “New Money”)
* White Nail Polish (I used Sephora by OPI “White Hot”)
* Top Coat (I use Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Nail Coat because it’s the BEST!)
* Nail Art Gems or Rhinestones
* Nail Art Tweezer
* Nail Art Fan Brush
* My first step to this cute football manicure just so happens to also be an easy NY Jets team manicure. Simply paint two coats of dark green polish on all your nails and one coat of white polish on your chosen accent nail.
* After you have your base colors painted, using a paper plate or napkin (it will soak through a napkin or tissue — make sure you have something substantial under it), pour out a bit of your lighter green to work with.
* Using your nail art tool “fan” brush, dip it into your light green, wipe off the excess, and swiftly give your dark green nails a swipe beginning at the cuticle and brushing upwards. This is meant to look like grass, or “the field.” Let dry
* Prepare your rhinestones by shaking out your brown toned gems and placing them upright so they’re easy to grab.
* Give your white accent nail a fresh coat and while it’s still wet…
* Carefully pick up your stones with your tweezers and set them into place in the shape of a football. Let dry.
You can create any shape or logo with these fun and tiny rhinestones, and they’re very inexpensive as well. If you’re not into the football, use your team initials or get more creative and go nuts!
FINAL STEP IS CRUCIAL: Add a nice top coat to set your stones in place for good and make your grassy nails pop
Happy football season nails!
* Find all my Nail Art Tutorials here