What I’m Wearing…
* Pink pouf sleeve turtleneck…also seen here… I feel like I’ve been wearing a lot of pink lately!
* Citizens of Humanity Rocket Crop Skinny Jeans – I love the way the rocket jeans fit! I have a few different pairs/colors/styles
* Sam Edelman grey “petty” ankle boots from a few years ago that I always think I should get rid of and then I wear every now and again. I have a black pair too because I loved this grey version so much but I NEVER wear the black ones. I don’t know why but I never like the way they look. Also, my need for practical shoes that are also comfortable to stand in for hours far outweighs any cuteness factor these days, and I’m trying to wear different shoes to work at Dogwood each day or else I’m in utter pain on a daily basis, lol
* Balenciaga bag
* Title: Bea Miller – Outside
Sooooooo, it’s my birthday today, AGAIN, 😉 and I am 42 today. It feels pretty much the same as all the other days and all the other years I aged one older than the previous and other than being completely exhausted, all is seemingly well.
I mean, technically, all is always well, it’s just our perspective on it all that tells us otherwise, but when there’s a moment of reflection and a little time away, it’s much easier to see the big picture and step away from all the drama we find ourselves wrapped up in on a daily basis.
I feel like I’ve been talking about this in particular a lot lately, and it’s because I keep falling into a trap of it and getting caught up in unimportant details that seem so important at the time. It’s become a daily practice to become aware of my mind when it starts spinning and wrapping itself around such nonsense to notice it and stop it and try to release it. I use the word “practice” because like any habit you want to change, it’s always easier said than done. It’s easy to SAY I’m never going to do that again, but it’s the daily practice of noticing it and changing your behavior in the moment that actually produces change and makes you a better person, OR, should I say, makes you more of the person you want to be.
I personally love these little self challenging experiments. It’s so easy to fall back into old patterns but when you notice that you changed a negative behavior pattern into a positive one, it’s not only healthier mentally, it’s like a tiny personal WIN that boosts your confidence too… and always equals success to me.
Happy Friday Lovecats!
* Find all my Style Posts here