Quick note for my email subscribers.. apologies for the strange layout and random oversized photos lately! Working out that kink!!
What I’m Wearing…
* Vintage brown striped turtleneck… I’ve been wearing this gem from the ’70s a lot lately! This long sweater dress is very similar!
* Black jeans by Mother Denim… still my faves as far as flattering jeans that are also comfy and the little cropped flare style with boots and vans I equally love
* Camel coat by SMYTHE a few years old now – similar pockets and detailing on this one
* The furry beanie I’ve been wearing on repeat lately
* Also the Louis Vuitton Neverfull on repeat lately because I have more stuff to bring back and forth to my office now than will fit in my regular bag and I’ve been wearing more brown/warm tones, and I tend to like to match it when I do. Though without the jacket, I liked my Marc Jacobs bag better, and carried it out to run earrands.
* Brown Serena Dr. Martens with faux fur lining. Also on repeat in black and brown because well it’s freezing and I can’t wear sneakers or my toes will freeze off. So it’s snow boots when it’s snowing, UGGS at home and to run errands in leggings and my puffer coat and Docs when I get dressed for work.
* Sunglasses also on repeat by Barton Perreira
* Title: Toto – 99 – Okay A. this video is hilarious. B. I chose this song totally at random, with no other meaning behind it… but it made me laugh so it stuck.
I actually LOVED this outfit… wore it last Thursday I think and just felt fabulous in it. However, the photos do not do it justice and I didn’t really get good outdoor shots at all this day. And on a day like this, when the weather isn’t doing anything special or I’m not shooting with a really interesting backdrop is when I think I need to go back to DSLR and ask for a helper to shoot for me. My iphone just didn’t cut it with these and I’m bummed because the outfit was a 10 – in my opinion, of course 😉
The heavens above have been dumping snow that last few days and with nothing else to do and no way to get to my office, I’ve been experimenting shooting photos and videos and creating fun reels on Instagram (which I am just having a blast with lately!). Obviously, when it snows, everything is insanely beautiful, making it much easier to get incredible photos without really trying, however getting the right angles and perfect framing makes such a difference.
I’ve been shooting my outfits since 2008 – wow – and though it’s easy to fall into a pattern of posing while in front of the camera, it’s also rather boring after a while. What’s fun about the iPhone shots is that they really capture scenery beautifully whereas my DSLR captures better portraits. But I’m feeling very creative shooting my own photos again and I just can’t DIY my DSLR. I’m still kicking myself for not going back to shooting much of my own photos sooner…
But the last few days I’ve had some good practice sessions in the snow, walking around with my little tripod and phone, trying out all angles and frames and learning by trial and error. In a way, I feel like I’m starting all over in so many ways lately, but it’s really exciting and I guess that’s all I can hope for with my work.
You can also see bits of this outfit in my DIY Faux Fur Gloves
My sitting area in my office (above) is still not entirely complete. I’m waiting on my pendant light to arrive before finishing it, though I’m not sure how drastically it will change from this lol.
Happy Tuesday Lovecats!
* Find all my Style Posts here