What I’m Wearing…
* Lee High Rise A Line jeans (which are surprisingly comfortable, I must say… and also look cute dressed up with heels or dressed down with sneakers)
* Lee Cropped hoodie sweatshirt – SO SOFT and comfy (ALSO, I’m featured on the shopping page! EEk, So fun.. It never gets old 😉
* Lee denim jacket in my hand… (oversized or men’s maybe for sizing)
* Nike M2K Tekno shoes… these are the closest now Nike air huarache
* Vintage pink Prada bag (it was new when I bought it 20 years ago) I think I bought it around 2002/2003 – I found a few similar vintage styles I included in the shopping widget below but just found this cute baby pink GUESS bag that’s giving the same vibes… and WOW, just saying the word “GUESS bag” brought me back to the 5th grade when it was literally the ONLY bag to carry. GUESS or ESPRIT … who remembers them? GOD I wish I still had them.
* Vintage black sunglasses
* Title: Spice Girls – Wannabe (I don’t know why but this is the first song I thought of for this outfit… and I wasn’t even really a Spice Girls fan, but like, who doesn’t know this song? haha) and now it’s going to be stuck on loop in your head for the remainder of the day. sorry.
I shot this outfit for Lee last fall but since I took a bit of a blog hiatus last year, I never shared it with you (or any of the other ones)… so, here we are, daylight savings right around the corner, springtime vibes in the air (even though we still have snow on the ground) and things are looking up.
Though I feel like this outfit is slightly young for me (although who really cares?), I still think it’s cute and I’ve actually worn all the items seen here in other combinations as well. Like I stated above, the jeans are surprisingly comfortable and the hoodie is super soft.
I love the fit of the jeans and also styled them in a look with heels (another shoot for Lee for another day). They actually look super cute dressed up with heels or casual, paired with chunky tennis shoes or sneakers, as seen here, and totally 100% remind me of the late ’90s (though, I really only wore vintage Levi’s in the 90s, if I’m being totally honest, and other random vintage pants I found at thrift shops).
I’ve been working on updating my (old) archived posts from 2008 and it has been a wild ride! I started here in 2007 but didn’t get serious about it until 2008 and didn’t start sharing my outfits until fall 2008, which is crazy. Seeing all my old outfits at the art gallery makes me giggle. I still have so many of the clothes I wore then, especially the vintage items, but definitely none of the forever 21 items. You can see how my income changed over the years when I stopped shopping at Forever 21, lol, but in the early days, many of my outfits were 21 head to toe.
Also, my writing style was SO MUCH DIFFERENT. I mean, I cringe at much of it and have deleted many posts that just feel inappropriate now, but it was a different time, a more real and raw time on the internet, don’t you think? Everything now is so stylized and “perfect” that it’s kind of nice to see the old gritty stuff. And in fact, I am probably not the only one who is utterly bored of all the “perfection” and longing for a bit of actual realness to return, which means, it’s probably coming and I am here for it.
I actually remember thinking I had to step up my blogging game and make it more professional. Back then we didn’t have anything to go by but the trends and if you wanted to stay relevant, you had to start treating it like a magazine and a little less personal. It just made us all super boring and similar really. A bunch of cookie cutter blogs saying and doing the same thing.
Anyway, it’s been rather enlightening looking back through my old stuff. I just finished 2008 and am starting 2009… I have a long way to go to update and/or get rid of old stuff that just doesn’t feel important in any way. But if you want to dive down my past memory lane, there’s a tiny little button at the very bottom of my sidebar, all the way down at the bottom that says “select month”. If you click it, all my past dates will pop up in a list form and you can scroll all the way to the very bottom/beginning… well, not the very beginning I suppose, because I deleted most of the early 2007 posts that were just super lame. It’s funny how many posts just have a title that says… I LOVE THIS SONG and then the post is empty because it used to contain youtube coding that isn’t relevant anymore so I don’t even know what the post was about or what song I even loved. But before we had social media, we had blogs, and it was the only way to share… compare that to now, with social media and everything a click away. Times were just so different, and that’s bizarre to say because it literally feels like yesterday.
PS! I’m on the shopping widget, lol!
Happy EveryDay, Lovecats!
* Find all my Style Posts here
* Find all my Lee Jeans Modern Vintage posts here