When I was looking for new skates to buy, I knew what I wanted but still had TONS of questions about how the boots fit and what would be best for my feet (and ankle) for the kind of skating I want to do (pretty basic/mellow and dance/rhythm skating) and what wheels would be best and I found a lot of great reviews, which were pretty helpful but ultimately, I ended up buying all of the skates I was curious about because I needed to see and feel for myself. And I’m glad I did because now I can share with you!
In this video, my goal was to really give you a complete look at and breakdown of each skate and brand, just out of the box with all of their stock parts and really compare them with each other, as well as explain what I love about each and which skates are best for what type of skating I like to do… to ultimately help you make a decision on which skates to buy for yourself.
Please note, these are all my opinions and I am not an expert, nor am I sponsored by any of these brands I talk about in the vidoe and hopefully I didn’t leave anything out, but if I did make any mistakes, please let me know 🙂
* Apologies for random changes in volume and background noise/cars, etc.
* If you can’t see the video below, you can watch it here on youtube and THANKS FOR WATCHING 🙂
LINKS TO SKATES (shown in this video)
* Specific colors/boots may be sold out, other colors might be available
- Strawberry Pink Moxi “Lolly”
- Light Grey Moonlight Rollers “Mirror Ball”
- Light Blue BTFL “Scarlett Pro”
- White Chicago 800 series
* Forgot to mention that when the Chicago’s are new, the back of the boot rubs a bit on the back of your led/calf and causes a little pain, but only for a few days. All of the other boots have a padded backing which solves this problem, but generally all skates take a little time to break in.
* * * $10 off code for Fritzy’s Roller Skate Shop
My Pretty Pastel Skates…
More roller skate options below as well as the wheels and bearings I talk about in the video
Happy Tuesday Lovecats!
* Find all my posts about Roller Skating and Roller Skates here
Roller Skating! The Skates I Bought & Everything You Need To Know