What I’m Wearing…
* Black ribbed cropped tank top
* Lee Jeans… also seen here in a more casual look
* Vintage Blazer… I linked a few cute similar options in the widget below… THIS backless blazer is making me want to DIY one!
* Vintage Chanel bucket bag… this affordable faux leather bucket bag is the cutest dupe!
* Black ankle strap heels by Jeffrey Campbell … last seen here with my leopard dress
* Vintage black sunglasses
* Title: Marshmello, Khalid – Numb
Although we’re having a little heat wave at the moment, which I’m certainly not going to complain about, overall it feels like fall… because it is fall. The leaves haven’t turned or made their decent just yet, but I can feel it in the air and see it in the light. And even though I shot this outfit LAST FALL for Lee Jeans, I think it’s still pretty on trend at the moment, at least for now anyway and for my age, I suppose. Although I feel like I rarely dress my age because that has zero meaning to me anymore. But I can see a difference when I look at the youth today and remember myself in the exact same way… the way in which you care but don’t have a care in the world because you have no real clue about how the world works, except that you THINK you know everything because you’re a kid and of course, that adults know nothing at all.
The truth is that the older you get the less you know and the more you throw your hands up in the air and release the control of feeling like you have to know everything to prove you know things. Because who really cares anyway. It’s interesting how that works actually and seeing it first hand with a tween step-ish daughter is very mind-blowing, if I do say so myself.
Being a pseudo-step-mom is bizarre. I say pseudo because we’re still not married so the title is up for grabs but what else do you call it? or Me? I dunno… I’ve been in these girls’ lives for 6 years now and have watched them grow up (9 and 11). They’ve come miles from where they were at 3 and 6 yet I feel like I’ve stayed in the exact same place.
This cannot be true, but damn it sure feels true.
Happy Fall Lovecats!
* Find all my Style Posts here
* Find all my Lee Jeans style posts here