What I’m Wearing…
* Black denim overalls from Free People… also seen here and here
* Vintage pink sweater… also seen here
* Denim trucker jacket (Chad’s) from Hollister
* Barton Perreira sunglasses
* Old Skool Vans
* Skates: Strawberry Pink Moxi Lolly’s – discontinued original color 🙁 (from Fritzy’s Roller Skate Shop – they’re the best!) – new Malibu Barbie Moxi Lolly’s in pink/blue
* Title: Marshmello x Jonas Brothers – Leave Before You Love Me… I’m obsessed with this song right now because it reminds me of a few songs from the 70s-80s but I cannot for the life of me figure out which ones… maybe some Fleetwood Mac and definitely WHAM’s “Last Christmas” at the hook/chorus, but every time I listen to it I get closer to figuring it out 😉
We shot these photos way back in February when I was looking for a flat area to skate for my skate review on Youtube and happened upon this adorable pink VW bus, which was obviously the perfect backdrop to my outfit and pink skates. Unfortunately I couldn’t skate here and in fact, it’s more difficult than I had imagined to find places to roller skate up here in the mountains.
Sometimes I wish I could just put on my skates and go out the front door and roll down the sidewalks like I did when I was a kid growing up in the suburbs, but living in the mountains does not offer that kind of ease. Not only are there no sidewalks, there are very few roads that are flat enough to skate on AND when I do find a flat area without hills, the pavement is too rough a terrain to skate on, even with outdoor wheels.
We’ve been kicked out of the local park by the pickle-ballers and the only other place to really go skate is at Skypark, which I am grateful for, but the annual passes are expensive and they close early during the week.
Come October, the outdoor rink at Skypark will be iced over again for ice skating, and being that this year and summer are already half over, I’m already starting to worry about where we’ll be able to skate come winter.
A huge part of me wants to open an indoor roller rink, but also, I don’t think it would be that profitable, and there are very few space options (definitely 1, maybe 2) that would even work.
There’s an old ice rink up here that used to be a private training rink for professionals like Michelle Kwan, but it’s been sold through the years and is now being used as boat storage. If only I (or someone else, lol) could renovate it and turn it back into a roller rink, that would be a dream.
Happy Monday Lovecats!
* Find all my Style Posts here