What I’m Wearing…
* Brushed silk romper by Helmut Lang (black but looks navy) – I bought this in 2009. I know because I wrote a post about it, lol. I haven’t worn it in years because I actually forgot I had it! This is a surprise to me because I have a pretty good running inventory of my wardrobe in my head, but recently I bought a romper at Hollister that I have been wearing almost every day (see it in my last roller skating reel) and then it occurred to me that I had this much more fabulous brushed silk option just waiting to see the light of day again. CATCH THE ARCHIVES: here and here
* Camel wide brim hat from FashionableHats – see it here and here and here
* Snakeskin flats by Madewell… also seen here… and while my first reach was to my vans, it felt fun to dress this whole look up a bit
* Gold collar necklace with “M” charm from AU-rate (new) and is adjustable! (I’m wearing it at its shortest length in the photos, but there’s another option to wear it lower, which I did later that evening and liked it even better because my T pendant necklace is so long). I truly LOVE their fine jewelry and it’s all ethically sourced and sustainably made… gold “T” pendant necklace by Tiffany & Co. (old) – now I just need a “K” for my middle initial 😉 or any other delicate gold chain necklace
* Louis Vuitton Neverfull MM bag
* Barton Perreira gold rimmed sunglasses
I started blogging around the time the original Gossip Girl aired… yes, way back in the fall of 2007 (wow, how time flies)… and it feels like a lifetime ago, or two. Well, last night I watched the premier episode of the newly released Gossip Girl on HBO max, starring Tavi Gevinson, one of the OG fashion bloggers of our time, who at just 12 became known for her blog, unique style choices, and incredible writing skills. Tavi was way beyond her years and I adored her work with Style Rookie magazine and now as she blossoms into a captivating actress.
This is all to say that I was itching to watch the remake of GG and well… after one episode, I can’t entirely tell what to think about it. The actors were beautiful and I love the diversity, Tavi was fun to watch, the fashion was great… but well, it just felt S L O W… so slow in fact, that I had to watch the 2007 pilot of the original to compare. And wow. The energy is very different and admittedly, more exciting to watch. I probably shouldn’t be comparing the two, but I mean, how can I not? It’s GOSSIP GIRL! While the premise is slightly different, it has clear nods to the original but it just seems slow to me. I was hoping they’d release the entire season so I could binge-watch it and really get into it, but I guess I’ll have to wait it out. I wonder if I will return for episode two? I want to, but I’m not very compelled to do so.
Anyway… the new GG, have you watched it yet? What are your thoughts?
Happy Thursday Lovecats!
* Find all my Style Posts here
Check the 2009 Outfit Archives below 🙂