What I’m Wearing…
* Lee VINTAGE MODERN CORDUROY UNION-ALLS™ – I size up in these! I am usually a small or size 27 in jeans and I wear a Medium in all the Lee Unionalls (I have the denim – see them here and army green – see them here). I like them to fit a little loosely, comfortably, but still cute, IMO. Also, I’m 5’7″ so sizing up also helps with the “raising of the arms/riding up the crotch” situation (lolol) – they shrink slightly in the wash if you dry them and they soften up a bit too (NOTE: I haven’t washed the corduroy pair yet, prior info is based on the denim pair). – I just noticed that Free People has NEW COLORS! Now I want the dusty pink and washed black too! I swear I live in these! Anyway, if you want a tighter fit, order your normal size, but you should know, there is no stretch to these. Also ALSO (jeez) the denim pair fit a little tighter from the beginning than the army green pair did. I’m not sure if they changed the style up a bit since they were from different seasons OR the fabric just changed the fit.
* Lee winter beanie in burnt ochra (also gifted)
* Sam Edelman boots from years ago
* Super soft circle scarf
* Vintage Louis Vuitton Looping MM bag (more vintage options in the shopping widget)
A few months ago I partnered with Lee and shot a few looks for their holiday seasonal styles campaign and am finally allowed to share! While I was paid for the photos for the campaign, I was not asked to share them here or on my social channels at all, which is to say that technically this is NOT a sponsored post, but I wanted TO SHARE BECAUSE THEY’RE TOO CUTE NOT TOO AND so I also wanted to be transparent about my working with them (and they are lovely, just saying)… which technically started last year after they saw me posting my denim union-alls (which I bought myself) over and over because I was wearing them on repeat. Then they sent me a ton of new styles of jeans to try out, which you’ve seen in a bunch of posts, because I love them! Obviously my love for Lee started before I began working with them, which is my favorite type of collaboration because it’s born from true love 🙂 I know that sounds cheesy, but I can honestly vouch for these coveralls because I actually wear them ON REPEAT – and have been for what seems like EVER and so when they reached out to partner I LEAPT into their… well, clothes.
While I was searching for links for an alternate look I was going to post, I noticed that Lee used my photos on their website home page and the shopping page for these unionalls which was a total surprise and made me smile. I expected them to show up on Instagram but didn’t know they’d also be using them on their site, so that was a fun bonus/surprise 🙂
* Also… it should be noted that Chad shot these photos for me and he was excited to see “his work” as well, lol.
ALSO… I shot these before I chopped my hair off and now OF COURSE I’m missing my long hair.
I’m still feeling the short style though and since we didn’t go short enough the first time around, I think the next time I see my stylist I’ll have her go a little shorter to get the look I was originally going for and then see how I feel from there. I always like long hair in the summer and my hair grows pretty fast, but I didn’t cut it just to grow it out again. I wanted a change. I’ve had long hair for so long… on the other hand, short hair is MORE WORK THAN MY LONG HAIR. I know that sounds weird, but it’s true (and annoying TBH).
First, it’s healthier now because we cut off all the dead ends, which means it’s even thicker and fuller than usual – and I’m sorry if that sounds like a humble brag… I swear it’s not because now it takes even longer to dry and longer to curl/style with a curling iron and I do not like a lot of maintenance. Also, it kinks funny when I sleep, which was never an issue with my long hair. I could wake up and barely brush it and go and now I wake up with it going in ten directions… which might settle over time, but I’m still not quite used to its new quirks.
It’s also like ten times more annoying because I can’t pull it up into a bun when I’m hot or it’s tickling my face while I’m working or whatever AND it’s already grown out a half an inch it feels like (based on my roots) and I know my hair grows pretty quickly, but this is insane.
Anyway, it’s weird seeing how much hair I had in these photos based on how little hair I have now. LOLOL. Why can’t I use ALL THE EMOJIS HERE?! I am a blatant emoji abuser, but they’re so expressive and now it’s such a habit I literally want to end every paragraph with one!
In other Christmas decorating news… This corner no longer looks like this because our tree is taking its place. I couldn’t get the tree up in time for the photos so I had to make due, but now the contents of this corner are on the opposite wall behind the couch and I actually really like the cozy look of it. If I can get a free moment away from my office renovation and move-in I’ll share it.
Happy Hump Day Lovecats!
* Find all my Style Posts here