* Recipe by guest contributor Laney Schwartz, creator of Life is But a Dish
Oh, yes I did.
Ooey gooey grilled cheese. In. Your. Face.
There are few things better in life, if you ask me. I even went ahead and made this one a little fancy.
Layered with fig butter, two types of cheese, and crisp apple slices, makes for a home run sandwich!
Honestly, there’s not much more to say. I’m actually out of words?!
Just go make this right now. Do it.
Grilled Cheese with Fig Butter and Apple
* Yields 2 sandwiches
* 2 tablespoons fig butter
* 4 slices of rustic multigrain bread
* 4 thin apple slices
* 1/4 cup shredded gruyere cheese
* 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
* 1 tablespoon butter
1) Spread 1 tablespoon of fig butter on 1 slice of bread. Top with 2 sliced apple, then with enough cheese to cover the bread. Take another piece of bread and put on top to make a sandwich. Repeat to make second sandwich.
2) Heat nonstick pan over medium heat and add butter until melted. Place sandwiches in heated pan and cook over medium/low heat, about 4-5 minutes on each side until cheese is melted and bread is crisp.
3) Serve immediately!
You can thank me later.
* Find my original recipe here: Grilled Cheese with Fig Butter and Apple