What I’m Wearing…
* Black turtleneck sweater (old)
* Black leggings Victoria’s Secret (foldover yoga leggings are my favorite) – also seen here in a far cuter look I think – the reviews say these foldover leggings on amazon (for far less) are like the VS ones and now I want to try for myself!
* Furry black beanie
* Cozy FAUX Shearling Jacket was a gift from Chad – so warm and cozy. I’ve actually worn it a few times with my last fancy sweats outfit 😉
* Barton Perreira sunglasses – I’ve been wearing these for years, have purchased a few more sunglasses since but have not retired these yet, which says a lot really. The last pair I wore for this long were also in the “cat eye” family by Tom Ford… It’s rare that a sunglass style stays stylish for so long, and maybe they’re not anymore, but I honestly haven’t found anything better and maybe that just means I’m not young anymore either, lol, but as much as I like big square ’70s frames, they haven’t felt totally right yet and I don’t love round frames, so there’s that… I do have a few other pairs still in my rotation, but still grab these the most.
* Marc Jacobs pillow bag
* Tan/short Sorel snow boots (NEW! first wear actually even though I bought them last year when I bought my white cropped jeans and they’re on sale now!)- I love my black pair so much from a few years ago (similar to these) I thought I’d get a new pair in a brown color to switch it up a bit since I mean, I literally wear snow boots half of the year it seems… and now I like these Sorel snow boots BETTER I think… (insert cryface emoji here) ANYWAY, I love how easy this style is to slip on and off and the cinching shoelace system makes it even better!
* Title: Tori Amos – Winter – so many years later and I still love Tori Amos – (lyrics below – though I changed the order) with every decade or so, the lyrics hit in a new/different way. It’s kind of incredible really… like reading The Alchemist every year or two, hits differently every time.
Hair is grey and the fires are burning
So many dreams on the shelf
You say I wanted you to be proud
I always wanted that myself
Snow can wait, I forgot my mittens
Wipe my nose, get my new boots on
He says… when you gonna make up your mind?
When you gonna love you as much as I do?
When you gonna make up your mind?
‘Cause things are gonna change so fast
All the white horses are still in bed
I tell you that I’ll always want you near
You say that things change, my dear
Boys get discovered as winter melts
Flowers competing for the sun
Years go by and I’m here still waiting
Withering where some snowman was
Mirror, mirror, where’s the crystal palace?
But I only can see myself
Skating around the truth who I am
But I know, Dad, the ice is getting thin
It was so warm last week it felt like spring… giving me hope we might actually have a short winter and early summer… and just like that, what was supposed to be a light few inches of snow ended up over a foot and more is coming next week. c’est la vie. I might be over this much cold… and maybe prefer a warmer location… but where?
It’s still so breathtakingly beautiful I don’t know where I could move that would feel as special… unless I moved out of the country… or had millions of dollars to spend… even though house prices up here now are in the LA range, so it’s pretty much ridiculous.
(Above) This is closer to the actual color of the boots… they photographed much darker in the street photos due to the shadows and felt closer to the same color as the coat, or at least in the same family. I see now they are much darker, but still I think it works, though I would have liked to maybe add a brown hat instead of black… I think that may have been a better option.