What I’m Wearing…
* Little black crewneck sweater (it’s the one with heart shaped elbow patches that I still adore and wear) – see it here and here… I just found these adorable heart shaped cashmere patches that you can add to your sweaters! Or use to patch a moth hole, etc.
* Faux leather black pants are 7 for all Mankind and I’ve also been wearing them for years. I love that they’re super loose and low rise in the waist and seat because they’re super comfy and I love the cropped look… target has a pair with a similar cut and style
* Vintage neck scarf
* Glasses are by Ted Baker and I rarely wear them… even though I should be wearing them when I read and stare at my computer for hours… but I won’t unless my eyes are seriously strained and I still have more work to finish. It’s rare… did I say I rarely wear them? 😉
* Camel coat by SMYTHE – another favorite – there are so many affordable camel coat options now! Very few existed when I bought mine… and there are still plenty of very pricey options as well. I’ve linked them all in the shopping widget below.
* Madewell snakeskin loafers I think I got last year or maybe the year before actually, but I love them for fall, before it’s too cold for exposed ankles
* The Marc Jacobs black pillow bag (still loving)… similar here
* Title: Ashnikko – Panic Attacks In Paradise… I’ve graduated from the cool step-mom who shares her music to getting cool music tips from the kids instead. This song is one of them and I’m in love with it.
Yes this outfit looks familiar because it happens to be the same thing I was wearing in my library post just a few days ago and this is because it actually was the same day…
When we left the library, we took a stroll though this amazing little section of Lake Arrowhead (near Tavern Bay, if you’re interested) that literally looks like it’s out of a movie – it’s just so perfect. I actually found it a few weeks ago when I was determined to photograph every fall tree on this mountain and then fell in love and have yet to find an area that looks more fall than this – and so I keep returning to it. I’ve shot so much footage here I’ll be making reels on Instagram of “fall” until it snows (which honestly could be just a few weeks considering it was already snowing last year at this time) but I don’t care because it’s so beautiful and I’m trying to sincerely take in all the moments of beauty without skipping a beat. It has also finally motivated me to stick to a “project” of sorts… knowing that I only have so much time before the entire fall aesthetic disappears and winter takes over has lit a tiny little fire in my creativity zone and I’m not mad about it.
I only hope I can make time to share/post all the content before it’s too late… this is only referenced by the numerous “summer outfits” I still have in my camera roll that never made it here and this is not the first outfit I’ve shot here, though somehow it’s the first I’ve posted.
Back to books… If you happened to have read my library post here or on Instagram (I LOVE all the comments and book suggestions there, by the way) you’ll know that I checked out Crime and Punishment and even renewed it for another two weeks in hopes of finishing it… but I could not get through a page without putting it down and then it would sit on my nightstand or coffee table staring at me, creating so much extra pressure TO READ that I finally said forget it and returned it yesterday.
As one commenter stated “Life is too short to read terrible books” and I wholeheartedly agree. I feel much lighter now and one day I may return to Dostoyevsky, and when I do, it will be to read The Idiot, which was the book I actually was looking for but the library didn’t have it (and maybe it will go unread as well – ). When that day arrives, I’ll let you know. Until then, I’ve checked out a few new books (we’ll see if I get through them or not) and am currently listening to The Art of Seduction audiobook, which I have to admit, is fantastic so far… I only wish I read it twenty years ago because WOW, I’d be a different woman with an awareness beyond her years… if only 😉
Happy Tuesday Lovecats!
* Find all my Style Posts here