What I’m Wearing…
* Sweater is from Pendleton (the local shop up here and a gift from Chad) It was on the sale rack and it kept drawing my eye. I finally went over to it and there were only Larges left. It’s not usually my color scheme or my shape but I tried it on and fell in love. It’s big and cozy and warm and makes me feel like I’m wearing my “boyfriends sweater” if you know what I mean, lol, and it’s also good for those days you just want to hide out under super baggy clothes and on this day it did the trick. Pendleton has it for $150 but I just found it for $103 on another site! I linked to a few other cute ones in the shopping widget below.
* Faux shearling coat from Hollister on sale but only available in patchwork, still cute – SUPER soft and cozy
* Rust corduroy pants by Joe’s Jeans – also seen here in the fall when I was admittedly a few lbs lighter – Target has a pair for $25
* Brown Dr. Martens Serena boots with faux fur (which makes them warm and comfortable) I wear my black ones more, but I love them both – On sale right now at Shopbop for $112 (normally $160)
* Chunky knit Rust beanie is from Lee
* Louis Vuitton Neverfull MM bag (just like everything else, these have gone up in price in the last year or so) – Check Bag Borrow or Steal “buy” section for really amazing gently used bags– that’s where I got mine a few years ago.
* Barton Perreira gold Winette sunglasses… I might just wear these sunglasses forever.
* Title: DEF LEPPARD – “Pour Some Sugar On Me”… This song came out the summer before I started 7th grade in 1988, I think (this is when it was on constant loop on the radio and MTV though the album probably released prior to this)… All I know is that I remember dancing specifically to this song, via the video playing on MTV while on vacation at a beach house in Laguna with my friend and her family in a house called THE ARK which was in part, shaped like a ship and decorated with a menagerie of animals placed in twos, and a week later we went home with tanned skin, a few extra freckles on our cheeks and sun-bleached hair crawling with lice. It was one of my favorite trips ever.
I’ve noticed that when I wake up and immediately tell Alexa to PLAY 80S MUSIC while making coffee and feeding the dogs, I end up in a better mood than when I don’t. Interesting huh? Not really actually. Music always has a way of pulling me right out of my head and into the moment and changing my mood. And 100% of the time 80s music will make me smile, laugh, sing and dance which, in my opinion, is the best way to start any day.
The last few days have really started to feel like spring (though you cannot tell from the photos here) and my excitement level is through the roof. I wore this last week though, when there was still loads of snow on the sides of the road and so cold I need all these layers to stay warm. The sunshine lately and higher temps have got me hopeful and dreaming of wearing dresses again and getting to roller skate because it feels like one hundred years since I’ve gotten to feel that freedom and joy that I get when I skate.
RANDOM NOTE OF HILARITY: I don’t know why but the angle of some of these photos (all taken with my iphone placed on the bumper of my car) has made these boots look like literal clown shoes and it’s making me giggle. This one above isn’t even as bad as some but you should know that in reality, they don’t look like clown shoes... but I can’t stop laughing about it.
This year has been less than optimal in many ways, if I’m being honest, and I hope the remainder of the months prove to be much more exciting, opportunistic, healthy, and fabulous than these first few have.
January was COVID month… February was no sleep month… but March came around with its daylight savings and suddenly everything felt lighter and sleep was my friend again. I’ve felt optimistic about life and my future, career, business, and my focus and creativity feel like they’re bubbling at the surface just waiting for me to have an idea to pounce on and work hard at. I love that feeling and it’s been gone for a while now and life has been boring as such…
March felt wonderful considering I had been under a pretty gloomy dark cloud since last year… and honestly, March 1st is my father’s death-aversary and with it usually comes a darkness, but the opposite happened this year and I was quite honestly astounded by it! I had become accustomed to March/April/May, the 3 months leading to my birthday to be negative (as so many past years have proved) that when the opposite happened, I was truly joyful… and then without warning, Randy (one of my French Bulldogs, if you’re new here, hi! 🙂 became suddenly ill last Friday night and was having trouble breathing and neither of us slept and I found myself racing down the mountain to Ontario to get him into an oxygen box before he died… or at least that’s how it felt during the frantic one hour drive on zero sleep.
If you follow my IG stories, you probably caught the drama and the updates and as soon as he was feeling better, he randomly suffered from vestibular sydrome, making his eyes dart back and forth, basically causing vertigo. Luckily Trevor had this a few years ago after his back surgery, so I wasn’t entirely panicked when I saw it and have him on anti-nausea meds and have been watching him ever since. He’s still not quite back to normal and falls over when he walks if he’s not careful, but again, I’ve dealt with this in the past with Trevor, who has still not fully recovered his balance from it, but he’s happy nonetheless.
I think Randy will be okay but it’s so devastating to watch your babies in pain or sick or not breathing or whatever it is and not know how to help them.
Anyway… I haven’t lost hope for the rest of March and the rest of 2022 because something feels a little different. The energy has changed and though the world is in utter chaos, I hope that ours (and yours) will remain calm and peaceful and healthy and happy from here on out.
OMG HAPPY ST. PATRICK’S DAY!