What I’m Wearing…
* Striped turtleneck by Wrangler – I’ve had this for a few months now… but this is my first time wearing it and I love this retro style, it reminds me of my brown striped turtleneck from the ’70s I’ve been wearing a lot lately
* Rust/red The Insider Crop Step Fray Jeans by MOTHER denim (I don’t see this color available anymore (these are similar red jeans) but I love the way MOTHER jeans fit me and they’re comfortable too – see my black ones here – see me wearing these rust red ones here – sometimes they look rust, sometimes – they look red. Nordstrom has lots of options for red jeans in various prices.
* Oversized denim jacket with hood is from Hollister and it’s Chad’s and I love stealing it! They don’t make it with the hood anymore or I’d buy a second one! Levi’s calls them the Trucker Jacket and has them stocked in lots of colors right now
* Burnt orange knit beanie from Lee
* Sunglasses are Gucci
* Chunky knit scarf (old) from Bebe (just seen here with my bell ottoms)
* Crocs snow boots
Speaking of learning new things… as if to continue my thoughts from my last outfit post ramble, I’m currently sitting at my desk at my office working on Dogwood’s books for upcoming taxes and multitasking on my desktop computer for my own work, (while chad works on my bathroom renovation) and I’m thinking about all the new things I’ve learned being a totally different kind of business owner with a brick and mortar and employees verses a self employed (freelance) blogger, since there’s no other way to really label it, and I’ve been a “freelance something or other” for nearly all my life… but I’ve had to learn a whole new kind of bookkeeping for Dogwood, and ugh, it’s not my cup of tea, but it’s definitely a skill I have learned, and no, I’m not a pro and yes, we could hire someone to do it, but instead, I’ve taken on the challenge and considering I manage all the finances for the business and sales tax and all that kind of super boring stuff that I really find very little enjoyment in, it makes sense for me to do it and for me, it’s better than physically working AT Dogwood like I had to when we first opened because it’s EXHAUSTING being on your feet for 8-12 hours pouring drinks and making sure everyone is happy all the time, though I’ve learned how to bartend as well, so there’s that.
IF that wasn’t the longest run-on sentence I’ve ever written, I don’t know what is…
The point is… I hate doing the books. But I do feel very accomplished when they are done. So there’s that too.
I shot these photos in the exact location as these shots, just a day later and look at all that fresh snow! AND THE SKY AND THE CLOUDS!!!
You might not notice it, but yes, someone parked their boat on the side of the road and it ended up in most of my shots when I thought I had angled around it, but the sun was so blinding I couldn’t really see at all that day… I thought about photoshopping the boat out but eh, I live by a lake, so it doesn’t NOT make sense that a boat would be nearby, even in this much snow, lol…
And in fact, there was so much snow on the road this day because the plow refused to do his job, but it made for some really fun photos! The streets are all pretty clear now but the berms on the side of the road are something fierce and there’s still plenty of snow in certain areas to play in.
Are you tired of all this snow talk? Well I get it, I am too and am so ready for spring and summer… but mostly because I want to ROLLER SKATE and I can’t yet because there’s still SO MUCH SNOW!
In case you can’t tell, IT WAS REALLY BRIGHT 🙂 I wasn’t trying to capture this same post over and over hahahah but what can I say? IT WAS BRIGHT!
Until the clouds covered the sun momentarily…
Annnnnd…. then it was back 🙂
I finally captured a good SNOW KICK!!!
I’m telling you… I’ve been trying to get this shot since last winter 🙂
Happy Friday Lovecats!
* Find all my Style and Outfit Posts here